Thursday, May 20, 2010

Simple Things...




I hate that I can look back on my life, and there are parts of it that I really can't remember well. Isn't that a horrid feeling? It was probably b/c there was not anything major going on at the time. Life was either filled with simple, quiet beauties...or we were failing to see the simple, quiet beauties. So, I am going to try to remember these beauties a little better.

At our new house, everything is so unfamiliar. This time in our lives, our days are filled with explorations of new sights, smells, sounds, and feelings. Smells are a huge thing for me. I think a big reason for that is b/c Brian can't smell, and I am always trying to come up with a new way to explain the smell to him. Thus, making me think more about why something smells a certain way to me. Anyhow, I love the new smells and experiences of living somewhere different. I have never REALLY lived in the country, and I am amazed by the differences. Especially here. Everyone is fairly laid back (which can cause Brian insanity issues at times) and friendly (which causes Brian's issues to dissolve quickly). Here are some of the things that I have noticed here:

1. There are different bird sounds, and they are a lot louder. I heard a bird singing. Yes, it sounded like it was singing...and it was as sweet as strawberries on the 4th of July.

2. We have monster toads here. And turtles. And bugs. And Mountain Lions. Yes...you read that right. We have mountain lions in our woods. One was spotted only 4 miles from our house. How weird is that? You here such interesting sounds at night. Coyotes howling is scary and actually causes bad dreams. Toads sometimes sound like the dryer humming b/c they are so constant and loud. Turtles don't make noise.

3. Having your yard mown by a church member is one of the best gifts given. Everytime someone mows for us, the entire house smells like eating cold watermelon for the very first time of the summer. Ahhhh... Who needs a candle, when you have that smell for 2 days?

4. Fried Pickles are pretty awesome. As is Fried Macaroni.

5. Don't discount the "Discount Grocery". The store is as big as our garage, but houses the BEST cheese and milk. Possibly other things as well, just have not ventured past the cheese and milk.



1 comments:

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle on May 20, 2010 at 4:44 PM said...

Sounds like a very relaxing place! I love the pics!

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice