Tuesday, September 23, 2014

God's Better Plan


When Brian and I married, we intended for our kids to be rather close together in age.  When we had Abbie in 2001, we just naturally assumed we would have another child within 2 years.  I also had it in my mind that the next child would be a girl, so that she and Abbie could grow up together and be best friends.  Well...God had a different plan.  We wouldn't have another child in 2003, or 2004.  We didn't have our second child until 2005, which in the grand scheme of life, isn't as earth shattering as it seemed at the time.  When that new bundle came, it came in the form of a boy.  A boy, whom Abbie wasn't too tickled with.  She got over it, and they became somewhat of friends...but it still wasn't what I expected from life. 

Then....then came Gracie.

Gracie was born in 2011...almost 10 years after Abbie.  I figured that Gracie would grow up like an only child.  She would be lonely and feel the sadness of our infertility and losses.  But, you know what?  God had a much bigger and better plan.  He planned a perfect relationship for my girls.  He knew before my idealistic mind would be in put in motion, that these two girlies, would love each other. 

I adore looking out the window, watching them talk.  Every once in awhile, you will hear Gracie hollar for Abbie to read her a book, and Abbie has the hardest time saying no.  I often catch Abbie dressing up dolls with her little friend, watching princess shows, doing hair, and giggling.  They giggle a lot.  I love how the Lord planned their friendship, and I am thankful that He has brought me to a place where I can see the beauty in His ways being better than mine. 

0 comments:

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice