Sunday, February 15, 2009

Small Town Living....


So, for those of you who know what it is like here, you will laugh. For those of you who have never lived in small town, USA...you will laugh too.

Yesterday, as I drove to one of the final days of Brown's Candles store, I came upon an accident. Two larger trucks had collided in front of the "Crossroads" restaurant. Neither were "horribly" damaged, but it was a wreck none the less. Of course I slowed down as I drove by. I had to chuckle though, which I felt kind of remorseful over. But not really. In the parking lot of the restaurant, there stood at least 30 people watching the accident. Several older men were pointing out details on the trucks. No one was on a cell phone. And at least half of them were smoking. It appeared that it was more entertaining than the new Brad Pitt movie. Yes...it was chuckle worthy.

I went on to the candle store, and on the way back, they were STILL cleaning it up. There were more watchers. Funny.

I then went on to the grocery store. At the grocery store, my cashier and bag boy was discussing it. The lady from the line over joined in the conversation. I said nothing, listened, and smiled. I really wanted to laugh out loud...I suppressed it though. Good Girl, Annie!

Driving home from the grocery store, I saw the trailer/tow truck that was carrying the beat up truck. It was pulled over to the side of the road, BECAUSE the truck was falling off!!! Wanna guess what else was going on??? There was another set of people at the gas station, standing there pointing their fingers and watching. A dad ran and got his kid out of the car to see the "amazing sight". I held nothing back, and laughed to my heart's content.

A day in the life of Small Town, America. Have I ever mentioned that they drive tractors and lawnmowers to the grocery here??? They do.


Oh---and I wanted to share this AWESOME website! Brian and I love to try new little restaurants. It is kind of a hobby of ours. This guy calls himself, "The Hungry Hoosier". He has a book and a website of the best of Indiana. Check it out and find a new dive to visit!

The Hungry Hoosier

1 comments:

Niki on February 15, 2009 at 9:36 PM said...

Haha, I love it. I grew up in a small town.

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice