Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jehovah Jireh...


Isn't that a beautiful name?

Jehovah Jireh means "The Lord Provided". This is the theme of my life. It is a trying theme, but a beautiful one at that.

So, today this little "rock" like word and song is flowing in my heart. God-Provider. As we have been preparing for our next ministry, I have been praying and seeking God, that He would mold my desires to be His. And that He would provide me with the emotions that HE would have me to feel. Which...leads me on to this...

Last week, I was "goodwilling" with the kiddos. I knew that I was going to have about 30 minutes of sitting in the car, so I thought, maybe the Goodwill will have a good book. I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A FICTION BOOK AT THE GOODWILL. So, I thought...this might be junk. I might hate it. But, worst comes to worst...I paid .69 for a book I didn't like and I will sell it on Ebay. Funny enough, God directed my eyes to the book He had for me. I seriously feel as though it happened JUST like that. I have been reading this "fiction" book, about a woman who is struggling leaving all that she knows, and adventuring on to a new ministry.

The book is nothing spectaular, other than the fact that that moment was a Jehovah Jireh moment. God has used that book, and the scripture within it, to remind me that great wonders and amazing ministry opprotunities await for me. He has huge things. I must let go of what I think is well, and grab on to the truths that will set me free.

I am completly in love with a Maker who will do this for me. Me, who so does not deserve it. I can't wait to see what He is going to do...and WHERE! How fun!!!!

0 comments:

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice