Monday, June 28, 2010

Praise you in the storm...





I have always loved this picture. The beauty of God's power. Also, the vulnerability of mankind. See that man standing in the doorway? Looking like he is getting ready to be swallowed up in the raging waves? I am feeling the same way tonight. Worry is starting to settle in my heart, thinking that tomorrow's ultrasound of our little one might not show a result that I deem favorable.

But, I have to remember that what I deem favorable, is not always God's favorable. His favorable is whatever is going to mold and make me in to the child that He wants me to be. His favorable is whatever is going glorify Him and draw men unto Him. That might very well be a sweet live baby in my arms. But, I must know by now in my life...that might not be as well.

What I do know is that my Lord is the same Lord to me...as He was to David. He gave David the strength to stand in some turbulent times. Just as this lighthouse stands in the midst of the storm. My devotions today were:

Psalm 107: 29-31
He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven. Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

Beautiful promises from a beautiful Lord. He will make the storm calm. And I will praise Him.

2 comments:

Glenda on June 29, 2010 at 3:42 PM said...

praying that everything goes well
love, mom

Glenda on June 29, 2010 at 3:43 PM said...

praying that everything goes well
love, mom

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice