Tuesday, September 4, 2012

See...I did learn!


Brian comes home with some crushing news. The kind of news that just kicks all wind out of you and makes you ponder your calling in life.  My first thought was to get sick and then start crying.  My second thought was, really, what good is that going to do?  My third thought: what is the response that God wants from me?  My fourth thought:
Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 My final thought: Go take your allergy medicine, spend some time in prayer.  Thank the Lord for the good things in your life.  Go to sleep.  

See---I did learn!!!
So, after praying...and not being able to sleep, I thought a little more on that verse.   I really love the part that says, "will guard your hearts and minds".  Do you know how much trouble our hearts and minds can get us into???  I mean, really.  We think some horrible things.  We allow some horrible things to fester in our hearts.  We can be pretty nasty.  But, when we allow Christ to envelope our hearts and minds...we are one with Him...which in return gives us peace.  Pretty deep thinking for 12:19 am, huh?  I think I might be able to sleep now.  
 

0 comments:

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice