Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holidays at The Little White House...


We were driving around the circle downtown, when I look back to see Abbie smiling so big, that she had a little tear coming out of her eye. I asked her if she was happy, and she said, "I feel so Christmasy that I can feel my heart beating hard!" Now, that is my child. And I will have to admit, I was prouder at that moment than I was when she figured out how to add three digit numbers. That comment made me realize that I might be growing up...and now passing on that Christmas delight to my sweet children. Brian also commented on how he felt a little giddy as he walked into Walmart and heard the Christmas music playing. Have I finally rubbed off??? Maybe!

So, here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving weekend. Really, more pictures of our little humble abode. Welcome to our home...



I can not believe that Brian happily hung the boughs of holly this year! lol... And yes, he did sing that song while hanging them. I was so proud...and thankful!


Every "vacation" we take, we get an ornament for our tree. We always write the trip and year on the ornament somewhere. This was our new one. Picked out by Brian at Disney. He actually bought it from a Philipino woman named Philis. lol. For some reason, this ornament was the highlight of the tree this year. That trip brought us such an extreme joy.
Abbie trying to get it at the top.
A tradition that we started a few years back...the first night that the tree is up, the kids get to sleep in the Family Room with the tree lights on. All about the magic baby...
Evil man.

2 comments:

Nicky on December 3, 2008 at 6:20 PM said...

I love that picture of you and Brian!!! Jeff and I had a great time visiting with the two of you. Katie loves her Uncle Brian!

smooch

lslindsey on December 5, 2008 at 12:29 PM said...

Annie,
Merry Christmas, girl! I'm Terryl Hicks' friend from Louisiana. I read your blog throughout the year just to check in on you guys. Just wanted to share another blogger with you. Check out http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/2008/12/cool-christmas-giveaway-day.html I just love her sense of humor. Check out my link also, Lynette Lindsey. Love to have you guys visit Arkansas one day. Take care and God Bless.

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice