Monday, March 23, 2009

The 2009 Song...



So, I am a weird person. Everyone has always know that about me. No big surprise. I name shoes, vehicles, and purses. I attach something tangible to every emotion in my life. Or...I attach something emotional to every something tangible (all in the way you view it, eh?) Another quirky "fact" about me...I have a theme song for every year. I don't go looking for them, they just seem to find me.

The Year 2000 was "This Kiss" (the year Bri and I got married) or...if I was with Sara, it would have been "Cause Earl Had to Die" lol.
The Year 2005 was "Held" (the year that we had Isaac, but it was the year that followed 2003 & 2004---which were riddled with miscarriages. In this year, I learned of God's amazing power to Hold me.)
The Year 2007 and start of 2008 was "You Had a Bad Day" (It was an amazingly hard year. And for some reason, this secular song made me smile. Weird)
The Year 2008 was "Bring the Rain" (I am still in awe of how God used this song in my life. I love rain...And these words watered my soul. And reminded me to GROW!!!!)

And...The song for 2009 has been put in place in my heart. It is "I Will Lift My Eyes".

Story behind it...On Sunday, I was struggling emotionally (Again...I know, when am I ever going to get a grip on these emotions?? ) I was singing in worship service, and was sick over the thought of leaving Faith (again.). Most of you probably think this is ridiculous. I mean...it's JUST a church! lol. I can find a church in every city of the grand USA! Right??? But, for Brian and I, this church has been our little oasis. A greenhouse so to say. Yes...that is the right word. A Greenhouse. We have grown in so many ways over this past year, and we kinda like it. And we kinda don't want to leave it. And we kinda are going to haveta. And I just realized that my spell checker is not on...when it didn't pick up haveta. lol... (sorry... ADD mind there)

So, here we are...in worship service. Both of us a little emotional. And I found myself listening to the first little notes of "I Will Lift My Eyes". The words came up on the screen. And that beautiful WAVE crashed into my soul. The words "I will lift my eyes, to the Calmer, of the oceans raging wild." It echoed...over and over again. Fix my eyes on the Calmer. HE is the one that is creating these waves in me. He will calm them...as only He can. He is the one that has designed the next mountain for me to climb...and He will hold my hand as I climb it.

This little plant grew some in 2008. And is ready for the Maker to take her hand, and walk me up the mountain. And guess what will be at the top??? A beautiful sight...and possibly some sweet rain???

5 comments:

Qtipper on March 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM said...

For some reason this struck a chord with me. I too am overwhelmed by music and worship. This past Sunday I just bawled through the entire praise!! Why? Because God is SO GOOD, LIFE IS SO GOOD! Whether it's in the valleys or on the mountain tops - I cannot help but praise. I think "I Will Lift My Eyes" is the perfect song for 2009...

Miss you~
Beck (Qtipper)

Annie Shaw on March 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM said...

Thanks for the encouragement Beck...I miss you too! Have not seen you around in awhile!

Sara B. on March 24, 2009 at 11:01 PM said...

I LOVE this song! Good choice for your year so far. He's got everything under control.

Love you and am praying!!! XOXO

Sara B. on March 24, 2009 at 11:03 PM said...

P.S. Still gotta love the Chicks. :)

Annie Shaw on March 25, 2009 at 8:45 AM said...

Totally...although they are all messed up now. lol. Too many political agendas. BUT, their music is awesome fun. ;)

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice