Saturday, May 23, 2009

I want to be like Kelly when I grow up...




My sweet friend Kelly recently wrote a blog about how she jokingly/lovingly wants to be like me, because of coupons. Honestly, it made my whole week. I think I have discovered that words of affirmation are my love language. lol

Anyhow...tonight, Kelly is making a sacrifice that I am not sure I could make. Her hubby is overseas, protecting our country. The duty that Kelly, and all of the other women/men around our USA, complete...is well...mind blowing to me. I am quite honored to have a friend who can raise three kids, tile bathrooms, keep her wits about her (most of the time), and even make it to the gym...all while her hubby is serving us.

Thank you Kelly, and all of the military families out there. Thank you Dan. And all of the military men/women. Your act of service is not un-noticed. You are remembered in this home. :)

3 comments:

Niki on May 24, 2009 at 11:25 AM said...

Amen! (with tears on my face)

Kelly on May 24, 2009 at 8:39 PM said...

I've had a good day and did not want to cry. Why'd you have to go and do that? Thank you Annie for your heart felt prayers. God is definitely getting me through - especially on days like yesterday.

We are going to have to give each other a hug in person one of these days...maybe on our cross country trek to Kansas next summer.

Annie Shaw on May 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM said...

I so did not mean to make you cry Kelly!!! I just wanted you to know that I really do appreciate you. ;) And it would totally be awesome, to finally meet in person! Maybe Brian will candidate for a church on the East coast??? :)

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice