Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tonight, I will Hold them Tighter...


Love them Deeper. Pray for them Fervently. And ...TEACH THEM OF CHRIST!




Today, I am heavy hearted. Our church family has experienced a deep tragedy, one that no one should ever have to face. On Friday night, 3 out of the 4 members of the Wagoner family, lost their lives in a house fire. The Wagoners were special to our family. Brian and Leah were one of the first families that offered their warmth to us at Faith. Brian and Leah were also one of Isaac's Sunday School teachers. Their son, Harrison, was in Abbie's class. Their daughter, Sophia, was one of Isaac's sweeties. It is nearly impossible to think of them, all three of them, gone. It is heart sickening to think of the pain that is in Brian's heart right now. How he must ache with grief.

Even though these things hurt, lessons are to be learned.

To Husbands: Realize that the words you speak to your wife, might be the last ones... let them be ones of gentleness and love, you won't regret them.

To Wives: Realize that the glancing look you throw at your husband, might be the last memory he has of you alive. Let it be one filled with tenderness and devotion.

To Parents: Realize that your children are not yours. They are but a loan, and their moments might be fleeting. Don't waste your time, or theirs, by not setting up GODS priorities in your family. Seriously, do you want your children to enter Heaven with empty hands? Or worse...not enter Heaven at all? If your children died today, would you regret THEIR relationship with God?

To Children: Realize that just because you are young, does not always mean that you will have forever. Live everyday with an excitement to serve God and live in obedience.

To Christains and Non Christians alike: Three simple words: Are you ready? If not, why not get ready??? I mean seriously, it just takes one split moment to repent and seek God's help to turn your life around. One teeny second. Do it. Don't wait. Me too.

I am typing these out, so that I can remember. Setting my up my stone of remembrance. Required. We must learn the lessons in these trials.

Please keep Brian in your prayers. I can not even imagine. Our minds are limited to to our own little world. He needs something that none of us can offer to him. He needs the Lord's loving hands to cover him. He needs the strength of Job, to stand in this path, hold his head up, and beg for God's presence. I imagine that he can not even pray this for himself, but we can. Join me?

5 comments:

Niki on May 17, 2009 at 9:51 PM said...

I will be praying. I can't even imagine...

Allison on May 17, 2009 at 10:00 PM said...

Praying for this family. I can't imagine their grief.

Kimmi on May 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM said...

My heart is breaking. I will be praying.

The Baker Family on May 17, 2009 at 11:30 PM said...

Beautifully written. I have been praying for this dear man and his family ever since I heard the news, early Saturday. I ached to be at church this morning, but needed to tend to my sick child. This is such a huge loss for our church family. Praying for your little ones as well, I am sure this is making a huge impact on them. Hug them close tonight, I know I have been giving many more hugs and kisses than normal!

Sue on May 21, 2009 at 11:30 PM said...

That is so tragic. I will definitely say a prayer for this grieving husband and father :-(... and for your entire church family as well.

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice