Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Heritage...


her·i·tage
(hěr'ĭ-tĭj) n.
  1. Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition.


Today, we had a little lesson in Heritage. I love these lessons. They make my kids listen in a way that no other lesson does! There hearts are open to hear just one little peep from a world gone by. They can't wait to hear someone's name mentioned that they might know. They both smile happily as Mommy passes on a tradition to one more generation. And they know that they are required to pass it down as well.

Today....we made Goop.




Goop is a heritage passed on from my Grandpa. I remember my mom telling me stories of him as she whipped up this divine creation, on cold winter days. I can remember the smell of the goop as we sat on the floor in the Hendricks Dr kitchen, not-so-patiently waiting for our yummy lunch. I can almost taste it (ok...so I just ate some, that is why I can STILL taste it...lol). It is a Heritage moment. A moment and memory that will be passed on to my kids. 4 generations of Goop lovers. And Abbie and Isaac ARE goop lovers.

Oh---and Goop is a simple recipe of Peanut Butter, Syrup, and Butter. The syrup makes the peanut butter all gooey. Thus---goop.

6 comments:

Kelly on November 19, 2008 at 1:12 PM said...

Annie, you know I'm all for family traditions and sharing memories, but I have to say it...YUCK! :p

Annie Shaw on November 19, 2008 at 1:40 PM said...

LOL--Oh Kelly...It is actually really good!!!! Unless you hate syrup or PB...then you are out of luck.

Nicky on November 19, 2008 at 1:47 PM said...

I HATED GOOP!!

I love all of those ingrediants but not mixed together. Yes, Kelly it was GROSS!

Love you little sis. Hate goop. Love you.

smooch.

Kelly on November 19, 2008 at 6:49 PM said...

Annie, I love your sister :p!!!

Annie Shaw on November 19, 2008 at 11:53 PM said...

LOL-- Well...you two are just lucky that you were not my kids today. I would have made you sit at my table until you ate my yummy concoction. :P And then I would have taken a ticket from Kelly for not obeying right away. lol.

Kelly on November 20, 2008 at 9:47 AM said...

Oh Annie, I would have never obeyed. I would have starved to death first. Peanut butter is disgusting and makes me gag. The smell is horrendous, but I do endure it to make my kids sandwiches because it's too easy.

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice