Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I shall YET praise Him!


I was having a discouraging time of it, the last few days. Feeling extremely guilty for a lack of trust, that I have now repented of. But non-the-less, it was there.

I have been trying to stay caught up with my Bible reading. I keep getting caught up with the story lines of the Old Testament, and find the Poetry books really hard not to just want to stop and devour them. So I stick with Genesis and Exodus! Silly me. But, last night, I decided that I NEEDED to devour some sweet savors of my Psalms reading. So I did. I started in 40 and as I got to 42, I stopped. And started reading out loud, which I never do. It was enveloping me. Caressing my wounded faith. And I sighed.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in GOD, for I SHALL YET PRAISE HIM, Who is the health of my countenance and my God. "

God reminded me that nothing is despair. He is going to do something in our lives, and we will YET praise Him for it! He offered me Hope. He is to be what is shining on my face...not discouragement...so on I go. I am ashamed that I allowed even 24 hours of frustration to enter into my heart. But, at least it was only 24 hours, thanks to Bible reading!!!

By the way...I did pry myself away from Psalm 42, and finished through 47. Only 2 chapters to catch up on tonight! Have you read your Bible earnestly today??? It holds the key to what ails you. God Promised.

0 comments:

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice