Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You are a Banana...



We are all bananas according to Pastor Viars. hehehehehe... It is just a matter of what kind of banana you are. Are you a rotten one? Are you a perfectly ripe one used in a sweet pudding? Or, are you a frozen one that is so hard you could hammer a nail with it? (Yes...his illustration)

Thought provoking moments there. In some areas of my life...I am rotten. In some areas, I hope that I am tender enough to be a sweet treat, and then there are areas that I am hard enough for nails. It was a good sermon. I found myself encouraged to grow more yellow and tender, even though the beauty of the falling snow was consuming my thoughts as well... Good Sunday!!!!

BUT, even moreso than the sermon...the song that is now playing on my playlist...lifted me in an amazing way. I am going to highlight a few phrases that I think are incredible.

From The Inside Out by Hillsong
A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades --- I love the thought of
my
Lord's name being called Everlasting.
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame ---again, who else is worthy of a
name such as
Never Ending?
my heart and my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise-- I am sure that many find this
to mean, losing control of yourself. I don't think this is the meaning that was
intended. I think that the writer meant, letting loose of the selfish ways in
our hearts so that we can truly glorify God. If we hold onto any part of our
wickedself, we can not praise nor glorify Him.


Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord --- To praise on the outside is easy to do,
it
requires no surrender. To praise and glorify from the heart...requires
complete
abandonment of your desire and self.
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Chorus 2x
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out Lord, my soul cries out

1 comments:

The Baker Family on January 27, 2009 at 10:18 PM said...

Wasn't the service wonderful?! I am still in awe of it! I love it (I think!) when God hits me right between the eyes. Sunday was no exception.

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice