Friday, January 16, 2009

Are Your Shoes Worn Yet???



Last March, I had my first charm and grace boy. Running Boy. Do you remember him??? Here is the post: Running Boy . I think about him often. Wondering what his life is like. Not really knowing much about him, and not even really knowing what his face looks like up close.

He was out again this Sunday. With those precious shoes on again. And a lovely Gray PARKA! Furry Hood and all, pulled up over his face. lol. In the cold, the boy was still running for the place of worship. It made me go back and check out the past year to see if I too was still running.

I wish that I could say that there is always a spry step in my run, but honestly, I walk or jog into church at least 1 out of 6 services. Running the other 5 times. The 8:00 am service is getting to me! lol. We have more responsibilities in the church this year than we did last, so we have to focus on that a bit more than just pure worship. I must admit, I am looking forward to enjoying some pure worship time soon! But, my shoes are getting worn. Which in and of itself is a beautiful thing.

Seeing running boy, encouraged my heart. I was warmed, on a cold day, to see this boy still running after what is pure. I feel so blessed to have worn running shoes. I am glad that they are no longer sitting on the shelf. I am glad that the depths of my soul still longs for the House of the Lord! And I am thrilled to be running along side that sweet boy. What do your running shoes look like? Do they still look brand new and are sitting on a shelf? Are they to that awesome stage, that shows that you have been keeping a steady pace...running to Christ??? What will they look like next year?

0 comments:

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice