Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Wash...


So, my life has been pretty full lately. I have taken a lot of the bill stuff back, and trying desperately to be a good housewife. I have spent lots of hours trying to figure out how to get something for nothing lately. For those of you that coupon, you know that this is a job in and of itself sometimes! To add to the lovely chaos of our lives, we have been with out a washer for 4 weeks now. At first we thought that we would just go to the laundry mat...now that is not an option. Do you know how expensive it is to go to the laundry??? Try 10-15 a week! We are scrapping together money just for Brian to go to work...the laundry mat is a luxury that I can not afford. So, are you curious how I am doing my laundry???

The old fashioned way! Well, sort of. I put 1/2 loads in at a time in the washer. I let the tub fill up and then agitate. Then the washer drains. This is the extent of its working. Once it drains, it leaves this lovely tub full of soaking wet clothes. It is then my job to hand rinse each one, and wring them out. Then I dry them in the dryer for 140 min. Yes, you read that right...140 min. Maybe I really stink at wringing them! Or, maybe my dryer is tired too. Because the room in the back is not heated, my hands are freezing by the time that I am done. So, I decided to start wearing thick rubber gloves. This also helps me get a better grip on the clothes to wring them! Also, I learned that if you fold the clothes in 1/2 you can get a better amount out. And, learned that no matter how hard you try, you can not wring anything with that windsuit material. Just doesnt happen.

So..that is a tidbit in the life of this Pioneer woman HAHAHAHA... Please pray that God provides me with a new washer. And probably a dryer too, since it will not make it too much longer with 140 min bouts!

1 comments:

Nicky on January 23, 2008 at 2:32 AM said...

Mom always said, "it's not the end of the world being poor, it's just mighty inconvenient." Dear Lord, please provide Annie's wants and needs today. In Jesus Name, Amen. Smooch

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice