Monday, February 18, 2008

Gone With The Wind...




For years, this movie has been one of my favorites. I love the ways of life then. I love the clothes, the big mansions, the lazy afternoon teas, the balls...all of it. I always wondered who I would be in that movie. I wish that I could say that I was a Melanie...I don't quite measure up. I have bits of Scarlett in me, but thankfully, not a lot. Not as nice as Melanie...not as spoiled as Scarlett. lol. Hmmm...stinks that I didn't have a role in the movie! lol.

Tonight I watched the movie again. I got a kick out of all the old phrases that normally bring a smile to my face. "You need to be kissed, kissed good and long, and by somebody who knows how." "I won't think about that today, I will think about it tomorrow." "Tomorrow is another day." "As long as I live, I will never go hungry again." All these make me smile... But, tonight I heard a line from my beloved Rhett that I never noticed before. As Rhett left his cherished Atlanta home and his darling Scarlett, Rhett makes this statement, " I want peace. I want to see if somewhere there isn't something left in life of charm and grace." I love that. I too am on a journey to see if there is charm and grace left in this world. Haven't seen much of it lately. Very few people and experiences have left me with the flavor of charm and grace...and I am sure that I have left very little flavor of it myself. That will change. Tomorrow is another day...as long as I live, my family will never go hungry...and I will find that Charm and Grace that is left in this world. I can't wait to say that I am Gone With the Wind...Gone from not only Attica, but also from this world...where I will find perfect Grace and Charm!

2 comments:

Nicky on February 19, 2008 at 10:20 AM said...

Beautifully written today.

One of my favorite lines is when Mammy says "Just sitting there like a spider" I love Mammmy.

Smooch

Annie Shaw on February 20, 2008 at 1:18 PM said...

I also like..."I dont know nothin bout birthin no babies."---Prissy

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice