Thursday, May 8, 2008

In the Valley



When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights.
And though my humbling wouldn’t be my decision
It’s here Your glory shines so bright!
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown,
To be low is to be high,
That the valley’s where You make me more like Christ.

In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night.
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light!
So let me learn that my losses are my gain,
To be broken is to heal,
That the valley’s where Your power is revealed.

Let me find Your grace in the valley,
Let me find Your life in my death,
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow,
Your wealth in my need,
That You’re near with every breath
In the valley.

Based on a puritan prayer entitled "The Valley of Vision". Reworked into song by Bob Kauflin.


This song was sang during our studies on Suffering. I don't know why, but it spoke volumes to me. I love the thought of how the stars are there all the time, but only in the darkness can they be seen.

2 comments:

Lisa on May 8, 2008 at 1:25 PM said...

Is it not funny that we dont think of that, we knew that but how easily we forget.
You really helped me today with your entry.
Gave me a pick me up. Thanks.
Lisa

Kimmi on May 12, 2008 at 5:59 PM said...

This is beautiful. I am becoming better at finding joy in the valleys but still working on it. I haven't looked at your blog in awhile. It is great Annie.
Happy Belated Mother's Day!

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice