Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's Raining...


I LOVE the rain. Anyone who knows me well, knows this about me.

Last night, I was having a hard time. Not really sure why, just emotionally drained I think. From good things and bad. I wrote out several posts, and deleted them all. I knew that my emotions were raw, and more than likely not even proper to share, as they were based on emotions not truth. I was really struggling with our losses last night. And the thought of not having any more children. I can not explain the feelings. I don't expect everyone of you to understand, as we are all in different stages of our journeys. But, I miss all those babies in Heaven. And I want fuller arms here on Earth. I desire this for EVERYONE woman. I don't want to close this chapter of my journey...with a devastating loss. I want to close the chapter on a happy note. (I hate stories that end un-happily, I am a happily ever after kinda gal~)

So, on to the rain...I closed out each one of the posts last night with, "Joy cometh in the morning." That is one of my favorite scripture verses, partly because it is so true for me. I am more emotional at night---and in the morning, everything looks great. So, this morning when I awoke to rain, I knew that my joy was coming. God has used rain in a wonderful way to teach me and comfort me. Some may think it is cookey, but the most poetic men of the Bible used rain to describe God's power and presense also. Awaking to the rain and the thunder, helped me imagine my Almighty God speaking to the world. Reminding me Who is on His throne. It really is amazing. Rain freshens, renews, and grows our earth and us too. Here is one of my new favorite rain verses:

Psalm 72:6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.

Mmmmmmm....rain on fresh mown grass. Fresh mown grass is my other favorite thing. But that will be another post! lol. What could be more sweeter than the two together? Great picture of my Lord's handiwork.


3 comments:

Sara B. on June 4, 2008 at 3:04 PM said...

I hope the morning brought you joy again! Your blog brought two songs to mind 1. Michael W. Smith's Let it Rain and 2. Jodee Mecina's Bring on the Rain, if you haven't heard them, look them up! I love you whatever mood you're in.

andrea on June 13, 2008 at 7:36 PM said...

ok..this made me teary!!
thank God for that joy He alone can bring!

love ya!

andrea on June 13, 2008 at 7:36 PM said...

ok..this made me teary!!
thank God for that joy He alone can bring!

love ya!

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice