Thursday, September 18, 2008

Accountable...


I am trying to be accountable for something, and since both of my accountability partners read my blog, I am going to just write my update here!!!

Homeschooling---It is such a joy...and hardship. There are days when I can't wait to open the text book and see what Abbie and Isaac's next work will be. I love the smell of the books, the weight of them in my hands, and the bright colors. I love how my hand feels as the pencil goes over the slick workbook paper. I love watching lightbulbs go off over my children's heads as they grasp a new concept. I love when Isaac and Abbie surprise their Daddy with a new knowledge and I know that I was the one that helped instill it!!! I love that Abbie can work at her pace, which is so much faster than the norm...and she can get training in areas fit her to a T. But, let's be honest. There are times that it stinks too. I mean, there have to be the hard times, otherwise everyone would do it!!! Most answers I get are, "I just don't think I could DO THAT!" And there are many days that the one little thought, outweighs all of my loves. I get overwhelmed...which is sinful.

SO, I asked for accountability in making sure I get their schoolwork in everyday. And make it enjoyable. We have accomplished it every day this week...but today. Today we had a fussy baby during school hours. Abbie and Isaac had a science project and a service project to do. (I know that this is school too!) So, here it is 5:45. We will eat dinner soon, and then Abbie will finish her paperwork to do. She only has about 30 minutes of actual work, as she has already gotten the time consuming stuff done.

Just being accountable. :)

2 comments:

Unknown on September 19, 2008 at 3:00 PM said...

Good Job Annie for having a few good days in a row! I've only missed my Bible study one day this week, that is a praise. One prayer request....the kids have the tummy flu and it is yucky! Pray we get over it quickly!
love ya

Annie Shaw on September 19, 2008 at 10:03 PM said...

Praying Christine!!!

We got spelling, reading, and grammar completed this week. We still need to finish 1 page in Math. So, we will have to do that tomorrow. Nothing like going to school on Saturday huh?

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice