Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So This Is Love....


I love the song Bring the Rain. " Maybe since my life was changed, Long before these rainy days" and "What's a little rain?" These words LEAP out to me. Our married life has been filled with looming Thunderstorms. Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Mudslides, Earthquakes,...you name it. And lots of rain. We have not had a typical mushy gushy love. We have fought for what we knew God wanted. And we have grown in the rain. God has blossomed us as individuals and our united marriage. I am so grateful for this. I am thankful for my husband. He is my earthly rock.

Today, I woke up to a simple note on my desk, and a large planter of mums. I love mums. They just shout FALL! The note was just perfect. Hand written while he was at work. Smudged in black on the corners, from his dirty fingers. Torn notebook paper. But, that made it all the more special. I loved the black effect on the edges. It reminded me how hard he works for us.

Here is the little poem he wrote for me...about my blog. Funny huh?

The Blog
a short poem
For Annie
From Brian

My wife and her Blog
The bump on a log
The moments recorded
The photos sorted
A proud, loving mommy
Her pertinent hobby
Our children remembered
Too little thought rendered
The music of Glory
Her continuing story
The beauty of life
Through the eyes of my wife.

Wasn't that sweet??? Brian did well. The other part of the note stated Happy 2920 days of being married. And then he went on to list 50 things that he was thankful for about me. I will not write them here, because then I would majorly conceited! But, I will share some photos of the day that we promised forever. Oh--I forgot to say Happy Anniversary, Baby.




















4 comments:

Sunny on September 16, 2008 at 11:42 AM said...

AWWW, he is so sweet! That poem is really good. Now, it seems that your husband is the romantic one. :) Congratulations, and enjoy your Starbucks tonight.

Nicky on September 16, 2008 at 5:42 PM said...

Brian,

Thanks for being my sister's sweetheart, provider, protector, and friend.

Guys, don't forget your very special maid of honor. LOL.

smooch.

Michele on September 17, 2008 at 4:01 PM said...

That is just precious!

Unknown on September 18, 2008 at 4:14 PM said...

That was very nice Brian! I love seeing pictures of your wedding--too cute!

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice