Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We Welcome Fall!!!!


Gathering Leaves

by Robert Frost

Spades take up leaves, No better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves, Are light as balloons.
I make a great noise, Of rustling all day
Like rabbit and deer, Running away.
But the mountains I raise, Elude my embrace,
Flowing over my arms, And into my face.
I may load and unload, Again and again
Till I fill the whole shed, And what have I then?
Next to nothing for weight, And since they grew duller
From contact with earth, Next to nothing for color.
Next to nothing for use. But a crop is a crop,
And who's to say where, The harvest shall stop?

It is fall in Indiana, and we welcome it with open, happy arms! Embracing all the lovely things that come with it. My favorite season. EVERY YEAR! So many wonderul things happen in fall. Super Weather, start of Football, Beautiful colors, Apples, Pumpkins, fiddle and dulcimer music, candy corn, Thanksgiving, Christmas Shopping, first snow, crisp clean air. Are you feeling it??? Mmmmm.... Fall. Gotta love it.

So, this weekend ended up being a great weekend! Even though I missed the big game, and Notre Dame ended up Beating the cleated socks off of Purdue with out me there to witness it...It was good. We spent some great time with our families. Here are some pictures, but please forgive me for not having more of Brian's family. The battery on Gertie the camera was dying :(


And Don't forget to sign up below for a snowman for your very own with love from The Shaw's!

The only tree on the block with turned leaves is ours! It must be feeling my vibes. Isn't God gracious and good to give me this awesome tree?

And so it begins. Isaac found a bag of stockpile items that I was getting ready to take to the Shaw's. He fell in love. He and Abbie already love my coupons. Now, we have found a new use for the many tubes of toothpaste and Robitussin!!!


Starting them early...Gotta love seeing the money making power in the hands of someone so tiny. Think of all the ways that she will prosper her house! By the way, she is holding my mom's new coupon organizer that I made her for her B-day!


My sisters and I...and check out my new do. If you can see it...spikey in the back.


Brian reading the Cracker Book to Katie. Oh the things that intrigue a 29 year old man and an almost 2 year old little girl.


The Craker Book up close. This was actually a coupon/recipe flyer I found at Meijer. Katie was really into the couponing thing.

So sorry that this is not a good picture. They were getting ready to pose for Mrs Shaw, and I snapped it...it is the only one I have. So my kids just have to look yucky in it!

Brian preached on Sunday. It was the first time in 9 months that he had, which was filled with many emotions for both of us. He pulled out his Pastor Brian Bible. For any of you that know Brian, you will remember that he stored this Bible away when he resigned from New Hope, and said that he would only use it when he preached or became a Pastor again. He cried when he did this. It was very heartbreaking to watch. I was so suprised to look down on the pew beside me, and see this. I must have looked like an idiot to be taking a picture of a Bible in the middle of the church, but it brought me to tears.


4 comments:

Lisa on September 30, 2008 at 2:30 PM said...

I wish you could see the colors here. It was nothing and then all the sudden they started changing.
With the backdrop of the lake its beautiful.
Oh the Pastor Brian Bible....so glad it got used.

Nicky on September 30, 2008 at 2:57 PM said...

I love that Brian is a man of principles. That Bible thing sounds like something out of a movie or book. I have a feeling that his preachin' Bible will be aired out a lot more Sundays in the future.

It is exciting to see how God is unfolding your story, Annie. I love you.

smooch

Sunny on September 30, 2008 at 6:00 PM said...

That isn't the last we will hear of the "Pastor Brian" Bible... So get your "pastor's wife" hat on, Miss Annie Shaw! (Feel free to smack me the next time you see me...) I think the service was awesome. Even if we were 30 minutes late. :) I am ready for fall. My all-time favorite part of fall is the smell of leaves burning. Oh yeah, now I just needs me some hot chocolate with marshmallows and a campfire. This is possibly the longest comment I have ever left you. Whatcha think of that fancy pants? By the way, my eye is better and you were right, I would have laughed at you too!

Kimmi on September 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM said...

I was thrilled to see you all Sunday. It was a great day for me. Thank you for sharing it.
-k-

 

Abowlofcheeries Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice